Master Chef John Zhang shows you tips on making tender beef stir fry with simple step by step instructions.
【Perfect Beef Stir Fry Recipe】
200g broccoli, cut into florets
100g carrot, thinly sliced
15g garlic, minced
10g fresh red chili pepper, thinly sliced
8g green onion, diced
5g ginger, thinly sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch slurry
½ tsp soy sauce
½ tsp black pepper
½ tbsp cornstarch
1 egg 1
½ tbsp cooking oil
1. Cut beef into thin pieces(cut against the grain, as shown on video)
2. Marinate beef: in a bowl, mix together beef and marinating ingredients, make sure each beef pieces are coated.
3. In a large wok (or skillet)over medium to high heat, when the wok is hot, oil the wok with cold cooking oil, stir fry marinated beef until done. Set aside.
4. Blanching broccoli and carrot: bring enough water to boil, carefully add in broccoli florets and carrots, cook until the water is boiling again. Raise with cold water and drain
5. Return the wok to the stove. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and 1 tbsp water, cook until fragrant, then add broccoli, carrot, beef, cornstarch slurry, red chili slices and squeeze lemon juice. Toss and cook until mixed well.